Dance can be enjoyed by people of all ages, shapes and sizes. Dancing is a great alternative to the gym as often the brain forgets its exercising as it works hard to remember all the steps and sequences. There is much research that supports the many benefits that dance has health and wellbeing.
Some benefits of dancing include:
- Increases muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- Improving muscle tone and strength
- Helping with weight management
- Maintains stronger bones and reduces risk of osteoporosis
Dancing is a great form of weight bearing exercise, a type of exercise that can help bones grow healthy and strong.
- Improving coordination, agility and flexibility
- Improving balance and spatial awareness
- Improving cognitive functioning
- Improving psychological wellbeing
- Improving self-confidence and self esteem
- Encourage you to meet new people
- Providing opportunity for self-expression